Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Holy... *gasp*... God...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's kinda funny but I do sympatize with you though. I'm not the running type either and to start running uphill when you're not used to it.. that's pretty f*cking tough...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...so, what...the retarded kids could hack it, and you couldn't?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Being in the van is kinda like the walk of shame. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Man, I've never been a runner, or had a runner's frame (hell, the last time I was under 200lb was 13 I'm sure) but in high school football practice I had to run drill for 2 hours and then do a 1 mile run. So if my big ass could do that, you should have been able to jog 3 miles.

    You have no choice but to take one of the deactivated bullets I sent you and shoot yourself with it. It's the only way to save your honor. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Dark Angel Demands Blood:
    ...so, what...the retarded kids could hack it, and you couldn't?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They weren't there! That was the bitch of it all. We were doing all the work and supposedly fundraising (although I can't figure out where the hell our first dollar came from) and nobody even mentioned the kids we were supposed to be running for... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Although I suppose they could've been on the first stretch of the run... [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    The torch was handed off to us by another group that had just finished.

    And KK: I have a special bullet and gun for that. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 03, 2006 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Dajistano ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    OK- a little prologue first.

    I'm in one of the local police department's youth programs they got going on. We ride with them while they're on patrol, help out at events they sponsor, etc. It's sort of like the boy scouts... only way more friggin' awesome.

    Well, today, the department was participating in a stretch of highway that the Special Olympics' torch has to be carried through.

    About 3.2 fucking miles to be exact. And about 3 of those are on an incline. This won't mean anything to you guys, but it was from CarQuest Autoshop (we started here) to Lowe's Hardware.

    Yeah... we had to do it. I'm not the running type. I was good for about 150 feet, and then my ass was dead tired.

    I just couldn't do it... I was in the "support van" (a huge Chevy van that followed us, along with the flashing police escorts in front and back) for almost all of the steepest hills. I tried... but goddamn... While I was doing it, that's the most exhausted I've ever been while running, or attempting to do so.

    I felt better when we finally reached Lowe's, though.

    We also had a few police cadets from the local academy that were there, as well. Holy hell... did anyone really expect me (or anyone else that wasn't in the shape they are) to stay caught up?

    But thank God I wasn't the only one lacking out there today... several others were in the van with me at times. Including one girl my age who looked very athletic... but wasn't. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    The Sergeant and another officer (both of whom I know fairly well) were there with us, as well.

    You may be wondering if I could've not showed up for the run. We all (my friends in the program and I) got a letter from the Sergeant saying that it was absolutely mandatory that we be there. This was actually in bold on the postcard.

    I came partly because I didn't want the others or the cops there especially to think less of me.

    But I guess in retrospect it wasn't the worst thing. Could've been worse. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    At least we got a t-shirt and hat out of it. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 03, 2006 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Dajistano ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought they outlawed Nazi youth groups? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member munkkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    1,325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My wife and I decided to lose some weight this summer. I weigh 190 and jog 2.5 miles, then bike another 6 miles EVERY FREAKIN DAY [img]eek.gif[/img]

    In conclusion: exercise sucks [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Originally posted by Andyman:
    I thought they outlawed Nazi youth groups? [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We don't have our meetings on the weekends, you idiot. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, bulemia doesn't really count as excercise for that chick....

    Im staying away from the rest of this, because "youth group" "volunteer" "out of shape" not to mention "special olympics" is just TOO damn easy...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Quikman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I run and ride the bik occasinally but I still prefer to go to the gym. and Im on my fifth year with gym training. Running aint my thing but if you arent a good runner just run very slow in your own paste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •